SATUK 2019/2020 ELECTIONS RULES AND REGULATIONS
Thursday, February 7, 2019
- Campaign will officially begin on 5th February, 2019 and close on 12th February, 2019 at mid-night;
- Candidates must abide by all University rules and Regulations and laws of Kenya
- A duly nominated candidate shall ensure that posters and all campaign materials are only posted on notice Boards.
- No candidate or their agent may use glue for displaying posters and other campaign materials on any surface such as walls, floors, corridors, windows, doors etc.
- The following are allowed for campaign;
- Use of banners;
- Tablets, Fliers, brochures, placards, t-shirts
- Social Media;
- Class/Hostel visits
- Person to person campaign visits;
- Printing on notice boards.
- No campaign outside the University Precincts or around Administration block
- No bribery of voters, threats and hooliganism shall be tolerated
- There shall be no campaigning on Election Days – Wednesday 13th and Thursday, 14th February, 2019.
- Candidates must not use abusive language at opponents and university staff during the campaigns.
- Use of violence or any activities that may lead to destruction of University property by a candidate or his agents and supporters is strictly prohibited.